M.E.'s Blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bulgaria by bike!


Sunflowers - lots of sunflowers in Bulgaria!












I was waiting for the cyclists so I could join them after having gone ahead to mark the road for the first 20km. The front crew of the group usually rode with one thing in mind - getting to the end of the day's ride - on this day (the longest day I've ever riden - 145 km) I stayed with them for the first 85 Km, then I decided it was time to stop and smell the flowers . . . and fix my flat :-)














This part of the ride reminded me of S. Spain, with the trees and arid landscape













We ended this long day in Nessebar, a tiny fishing village (you can see the old town here) that has become a huge Black Sea resort town! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM , Blogger Dave said...

    Have you seen the movie "Everything Is Illuminated"? It's a new Elijah Wood movie and most of it takes place in Bulgaria. I remember a lot of shots of fields full of sunflowers. Looks really beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home